Friday, November 28, 2008

Baby Beans Doll


There were several variations in the "Beans" dolls series, which were popular in the early 70s. The dolls have vinyl hands and heads with "bean" filled bodies and limbs. This simple Baby Beans doll was advertised as "Lots of floppy, ploppy, posing fun, snuggly and soft". The doll in the photo was released in 1970 and is like the one I had as a child. It is one of the most popular today. She is the talking version of the Baby Beans line. She says "I love you, peek a boo, baby sleepy, go bye bye, play patty cake, night night,"

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...what a surprise to see my doll. I still have her. Thanks for the posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine said "kiss baby" too. I wish I still had her for my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have mine from when I was 2! I will never part with her!

    ReplyDelete