Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Fisher-Price Circus Train

Circus Train was released in 1973 by Fisher-Price. It contained five animals, three “human” performers and four cars. A tuxedoed ringmaster, with a black hat, trained the lion, monkey, giraffe, elephant and bear. The red clown with yellow hat kept everyone laughing and the blue engineer drove the two-seater engine with red piston action and soft, push-button whistle. The engine pulled the gondola car, cage car with swing-down ramp, and two-seater caboose with hinged door.

3 comments:

  1. Had this to. But I'm missing two of the cars and the giraffe. (I also have two lions)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had this. Still have some of the pieces and my kids play with them. Have the engine and all cars except the green-tall one. I have the elephant and lion. The animals are very delicate and will likely come apart quickly with the right amount of force.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought this about four years ago at a garage sale for my daughter. My son plays with it now!
    By the way, have you found anything on an old TV show called The 1.98 Beauty Show? I remember watching that and it was awful. Here's a YouTube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S85KxsmxLBI
    And also a Wikipedia link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/$1.98_Beauty_Show
    I'm going to be searching more of your blog now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete