Saturday, March 27, 2010

I Dream of Jeannie

I Dream of Jeannie was a sitcom with a fantasy premise which aired from 1965 to 1970 on NBC.

The show starred Barbara Eden as Jeannie, a 2000-year-old female genie, and Larry Hagman as Captain Anthony "Tony" Nelson, an astronaut who becomes her master, with whom she falls in love and eventually marries. Other memorable characters included Captain Roger Healey (Tony's best friend), Colonel Dr. Alfred Bellows (a NASA psychiatrist) and Amanda Bellows (Dr. Bellows' wife).

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite shows from my youth. And what boy wasn't in love with Jeannie and wished they'd find some bottle on the beach and get so lucky?

    Even when I watch it today, I'm still amazed at how well they did cuts with things and/or people appearing or disappearing.

    Good clean fun!

    ReplyDelete