Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Galloping Ghost

The Galloping Ghost was an NBC Saturday morning cartoon produced by Hanna-Barbera Productions in 1979.

Nugget Nose is a short and feisty ghost prospector who finds adventure riding his invisible horse and is also a guardian to Wendy and Rita, two cowgirls who work at the Fuddy Dude Ranch, whose owner is grouchy old Fenwick Fuddy. Nugget is always battling Fuddy and takes delight in harassing him in odd and humorous ways. Whenever the girls are in trouble, Wendy summons Nugget Nose by rubbing on her special nugget necklace.

2 comments:

  1. I remember this one....It was a hoot

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was 10 years old in 1979, and did I ever LOVE watching Saturday morning cartoons! Almost ANYTHING by the famed Hanna-Barbera were my favorites. My favorite day of the week. No school, watching lots of cartoons while eating bowl after bowl of my favorite breakfast cereals. The 1970s truly was the golden age of saturday morning cartoons.

    ReplyDelete