Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Rockford Files

The Rockford Files was an American television drama series which aired on the NBC from 1974-1980. The show starred James Garner as Los Angeles-based private investigator Jim Rockford.
Rockford had served time in California's San Quentin Prison in the 1960s due to a wrongful conviction. After five years, he received a pardon. His infrequent jobs as a private investigator barely allowed him to maintain his dilapidated mobile home (which doubled as his office) in a parking lot on the beaches of Malibu, California.

Rockford's father, Joseph "Rocky" Rockford, was an ex-Seabee, semi-retired semi-truck driver who often nagged his son to get more stable (and less dangerous) employment, often urging him to follow in his footsteps as a truck driver. The relationship of father and son was an integral part of the show.

2 comments:

  1. I just love the old Rockford Files show. Love the vintage phone ring....that's my ringtone on my cell! I remember when my youngest was a toddler and we would wait for my husband to come home from work - we'd be watching this in the evening. I loved this and Barnaby Jones. They just don't make them like they use too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, this was a fav - brings back good times listening to the theme. Thanks for posting. :)

    ReplyDelete